Academic Excellence scholarships 2019/20
These prestigious scholarships will recognise academic excellence by offering a tuition fee discount.
Applications are now open for offer holders from India.
The scholarships are open to undergraduate and postgraduate taught Masters students and are split into two categories:
Global Academic Excellence scholarships
These scholarships offer a £5,000 tuition fee discount for the first year of study. These scholarships are open to high ability students from any non-EU country.
Country or region-specific Academic Excellence scholarships
Scholarships offering a tuition fee discount of up to £10,000 for high ability students from a specific country or region.
Eligibility and applying
Eligible students must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 18 July 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 18 July 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught Masters course based on the University of York campus
- be a national of or permanently domiciled in a relevant country (country-specific academic excellence scholarships only)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Academic Excellence or Country-specific Academic Excellence scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
Applications will close on 18 July 2019 at 11.59pm (GMT+1)
- You must apply online for this scholarship
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
We recommend that you prepare these statements before you start your application.
You will need to tell us:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
- If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship but you can reapply the following year.
- Within two weeks of being offered the scholarship you must
- accept the scholarship
- make York your firm choice
- accept the scholarship
- The Academic Excellence scholarships cannot be combined with the Vice-Chancellor's scholarships.