York Opportunity Scholarship
The York Opportunity Scholarships have been established to provide support to talented students who have the academic potential to study at York.
The scholarships are designed to assist those and who have faced significant barriers to their educational goals. They are open to applications from students starting an undergraduate degree in September 2020.
Each scholarship is worth a total of £3,300, paid in annual instalments of £1,100 for three years. These scholarships have been extremely competitive in previous years.
Find out more about the impact of the scholarship and read Stephen's story.
Open to UK (home) students only.
You must meet all of the essential criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- you are holding an offer to study at the University of York at undergraduate level for entry in September 2020
- you are a permanent resident in the UK, classified as Home (UK) in university admissions procedures and you have an annual household income below £42,875
- you can show that you have faced significant barriers in your personal, social or domestic life to achieving your educational goals.
You must also meet at least one of the additional criteria:
- you are from a minority ethnic group
- you are the first in your immediate family (not including siblings) to attend higher education
- you are living in, or have had experience of, local authority care or the Foyer Federation
- you have a disability.
Application deadline: Friday 18 September 2020, 11.59pm BST
Applications open online from 1 June 2020.