Foundation Year Bursary 2019/2020
The Foundation Year Bursary is a means-tested fee waiver for UK and EU students on the first year of a Foundation Year degree (Year 0).
It includes the following courses:
- BEng Electronic Engineering with a Foundation Year
- BEng Music Technology Systems with a Foundation Year
- BSc Physics with a Foundation Year
|Residual household income||Fee waiver|
|£25,000 or less||£5,600|
|£25,001 or more||£3,000|
After you've completed the foundation year and move onto the first year of your degree, you may be eligible for the York Bursary (if your residual household income is £35,000 or less).
We will automatically assess your eligibility based on your residual household income using the information supplied in your application for Student Loans.
If you or your parents withhold your consent to share financial information on your Student Loans application, we will not be able to confirm your eligibility for the bursary.
Eligible students will be informed by the end of October 2019.
The cut-off date for receiving 2019/20 awards is 30 June 2020.
What is residual household income?
Residual household income is your household's gross income minus these allowances:
- Pension contributions
- £1,130 for each financially dependent child or eligible student in the household
- If you're under 25 the household income is normally that of your parents or the parent you usually live with and their partner. If you're over 25 this would be the income of your partner.