Funding for UK/EU students 2019/20
A number of scholarships and loans are available to help with the cost of living and course fees. Details often depend on your personal circumstances and on the course you plan to study.
You should apply for funding as soon as possible if you require it for your postgraduate study. To be eligible for most scholarships you will need to hold an offer of a place.
If you've completed an undergraduate degree at York you could be eligible for a 10% Masters fee discount.
UK government loans
The UK government offers up to £10,609 loans to Masters students starting courses from September 2019. Applications are open.
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Richard House, We are offering four taught Masters scholarships; two worth £5,000 each and two worth £1,000 each.
The scholarship is funded by TSYS. In order to be eligible you must have an offer for a place on one of the following Masters degrees:
- MSc in International Business and Strategic Management
- MSc in International Business
- MSc in Strategic Management
- MSc in Accounting and Financial Management
- MSc in Human Resource Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management with Business Finance
- MSc in Global Marketing.
- Full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees) and a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
- For students who are: seeking asylum in the UK or have limited or discretionary leave to remain in the UK; seeking to pursue a postgraduate Masters course at York, of one year’s duration, resulting in an MA, MSc, LLM or MRes qualification.
We are offering up to 5 full fee scholarships for students entering a one-year taught or research Masters programme in 2019. The scholarship will be paid directly as a fee waiver: accommodation, living costs and any additional costs will be your responsibility.
Departmental and alumni scholarships
We also offer some department-funded scholarships, as well as awards made possible thanks to the generous donations of York alumni and donors. The following scholarships have been confirmed so far for 2019/20 entry.
|History of Art|
|English and Related Literature|
Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
|York Management School|
These scholarships are not endorsed by the University of York.
- MastersCompare Postgraduate Scholarship (masterscompare.co.uk)
- Spotcap Fintech Fellowship (spotcap.co.uk)
- MIHA Commonwealth Scholarships (cscuk.dfid.gov.uk)