A two hour workshop to help you manage presentation anxiety and develop strategies for public speaking.
Many people find public speaking or presenting daunting, but sooner or later we all have to do it.
When you speak in front of others, do you ever think:
- The speaker before me was so much better.
- I'll just speak really fast to get this over with.
- My PowerPoint will hide my nervousness.
- I can’t breathe!
- I'm having a panic attack.
- The audience doesn't like me!
- I'm going to mess it all up.
- Everyone will be able to tell that I'm nervous!
If you find find yourself thinking about these things either leading up to or during a presentation, this two hour workshop can help.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms associated with performance anxiety.
- Understand the most common causes of performance anxiety and use this information to help you to better understand your own anxiety.
- Recognise patterns of behaviour and thinking that contribute to your performance anxiety.
- Understand the importance of managing performance anxiety.
- Utilise various techniques to help manage your anxiety.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with performance anxiety when you’re speaking.
All sessions are open to all students. The next sessions are on: