Build robots that can overcome the societal challenges of the future. Develop your understanding of how music affects humans. We offer a range of specialist facilities and equipment to help you expand your problem-solving skills and find solutions to real-world problems.
Explore the nanoscale
Undergraduate students get access to our flagship research facility, York JEOL Nanocentre.
£2.4m recent investment
Our huge investment into new equipment includes Tesla Model 3 and a solar charging station.
Senior Lecturer, Dr Andrew Pomfret showcases the facilities available to undergraduate students studying Electronics and Engineering at York.
Take a look inside
We have a range of specialist facilities including:
- York Robotics Laboratory - a purpose-built laboratory for experiments with various robots including wheeled, legged and flying robots
- Recording studios - for producing acoustic and electronic music
- Virtual reality and spatial audio labs - including industry-standard equipment for production and post-production
- Cleanroom - used for fabrication and measurement of nanoscale devices often used for final year projects
Teaching labs and PC labs
We have teaching and PC labs for practical and project work, available for all students from foundation year through to Masters:
- an electronics teaching lab with 50 workstations for undergraduates
- two projects labs with 42 workstations for undergraduates
- a wide range of advanced equipment for project work
- specialist fabrication equipment, workshops and a digital fabrication lab
- a printed circuit board production lab
- four PC and Mac labs with a range of general purpose and development software
- all with technical support close by