Find out about our range of teaching and research facilities based on Campus West and the York Science Park.
Study and teaching facilities
We offer an impressive range of modern and traditional teaching labs which offer a hands-on experience and help prepare you for your career. They're looked after by our talented team of technicians.
Facilities for research and industry
Our high-tech facilities help drive innovation in science and policy. Some facilities are also available for research and industry partners.
Here are some examples of our facilities:
- York Plasma Institute - bringing together plasma scientists across a broad range of areas, with facilities including a biolab and some of the world's most powerful supercomputers.
- York Centre for Quantum Technologies - works with a broad range of partners to create new innovations and knowledge in the field of quantum technology.
- York JEOL Nanocentre - a flagship facility for electron microscopy, nanoscience and nanolithography.
- Cleanroom - facilities for fabrication and measurement of nanoscale devices.
- Applied electromagnetics test facilities - extensive computer-controlled network and spectrum analysis.
- Virtual reality suite and spatial audio labs - featuring equipment for development and production of VR experiences and immersive audio.
For the public
Explore the mysteries of space. Our Astrocampus observatory hosts numerous telescopes, instruments and space-themed activities for all ages.
Visit our Astrocampus