Paying the University
Secure Online Payments services have been developed to make a range of goods and services available 24/7 for students, staff and external customers. If you are a registered student and wish to make a payment for accommodation and/or tuition fees you can now do so online at a time that's convenient for you. Students or parents can also pay outstanding Tuition Fees and Residence Fees.
Which system do I need?
- Use e:Vision as our preferred method to pay online for your tuition and accommodation fees and to make international payments via Flywire. You can also set up a UK direct debit to pay your fees.
- The Online Payments Service provides an easy, flexible method to enable parents to pay Tuition Fees and Residence Fees on behalf of a student.
- Use You@York to pay a tuition fee deposit using debit or credit card or bank transfer.
- Use the Online Store to purchase University branded giftware and clothing, 'MAD' package, cycling accessories, official documents and award certificates, field trips, resubmission fees etc or enrol for Short Courses.
- Use the online Print Credit Top-Up System so that you can print day and night throughout the year. If you have any queries about Print Credit top-ups, please contact, please contact IT Support.
- Please use the Parking Gateway to pay any parking fines. For further information see Civil Parking Notices on the Travel and Transport web pages.
- York Concerts now offers their own secure online bookings service. Please see their Booking Information page for full details on how to book.
Other payment methods
Our preferred payment method is online. The following methods are available but are more time consuming, less efficient and post is not as secure.
Cheques and bank drafts should be made payable to "The University of York"; please quote your customer number and invoice number as a reference.
University of York
In person (we do not accept cash)
At the Cash Office counter 10am-4pm Monday to Friday (closed Wednesday).
Cheques may be deposited in the letter box in the foyer.
- University of York
- Email cash-office@
- Opening hours
10am-4pm Monday to Friday