Vice-Chancellor's scholarships 2019/20
We're pleased to offer ten Vice-Chancellor's scholarships for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
There are ten scholarships available:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
Eligible students must:
- be expected to achieve AAA at A Level, 36 points in the IB, or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2019)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor's scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
- You must apply online for this scholarship before the deadline of 30 April 2019 11.59pm (GMT+1)
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
We recommend that you prepare these statements before you start your application.
You will need to tell us:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
- If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship but you can reapply the following year.
- Within two weeks of being offered the scholarship you must
- accept the scholarship
- make York your firm choice
- accept the scholarship
- The Vice-Chancellor's scholarships cannot be combined with the Academic Excellence scholarships.