Specific Learning Disability (SpLD) Diagnostic Test refund
The Specific Learning Disability (SpLD) Diagnostic Test refund assists students who are eligible to reclaim the upfront cost of their diagnostic test for learning difficulties.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the cost of a diagnostic assessment (SpLD) if you are:
- a UK student,
- receiving means-tested student support and have an assessed residual household income of £42,875 or less, and
- have less than £3,000 in savings.
We can award you the full cost of a test, up to a maximum of £475.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form
- Submit supporting evidence to Student Financial Support at email@example.com. There are scanners, printers and photocopiers available on campus.
- We will carry out the initial assessment of your application usually within four working weeks of receiving the application and all required evidence.
- We'll let you know the result of your application and keep you informed via your university email address.
You'll need to submit supporting evidence with your application. We need:
- One month’s Bank/Building Society Statements for every account in your name, including savings, overseas, empty/unused accounts
- A copy of your invoice or bill showing the cost and date of the test
- Your student finance award letter
- A signed declaration form
Where should I send my evidence?
Please scan your evidence and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I go for help with my evidence?
If you’re struggling to compile the evidence or need to submit hard copies, please email email@example.com.
How are applications assessed?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will probably be awarded the full cost of the test, up to a maximum of £475.
If you do not meet the criteria, or also wish to apply for more general support with financial hardship, you can apply to the Student Support Fund. You will need to supply more evidence and have a full financial assessment.