Welcome to the University of York Library. We aim to provide inclusive and supportive services for our international students.
We know that international students often face additional challenges. To help make your experience of studying at York a success, the Library offers both support and services.
Using the Library
- The Library is open 24 hours a day, 362 days of the year. Opening times are split into full service hours and self-service hours.
- Your University Card is also your Library Card. Always bring it with you as you will need it to borrow items.
- We are an open access library. This means you will need to go to the shelves yourself to find the books you need.
- You can borrow books and access the electronic resources provided by the Library for free.
- We have a range of study spaces. If you want to study by yourself or in a group, work in complete silence or quietly, we have a study space for you.
Make the most of the Library
- Learn how to use the Library as soon as you can. Read the Library's new students page to get started.
- Ask for help when you need it:
- Come along to the training we offer you. New students should attend a Library induction. This will introduce you to the Library's services and resources, and to the people who can help you use the Library.
- Improve your digital and information searching skills by watching a video, taking a tutorial or going through a workbook on our Digital Skills Guides.
Explanations of some of the terms you will come across when using the Library.
Support, services and resources available to help you develop your study skills.
How to find the most useful resources for your studies or research.
The University of York Library is a member of the Yorkshire and Humberside University Librarians' International Student Support (YHULISS).