Our residential summer schools give Year 12 students the opportunity to experience the academic and social side of university life.
- Tuesday 11 July to Saturday 15 July 2017
- Monday 24 July to Friday 28 July 2017
Who can apply?
- Students at our partner widening participation schools
- Students participating in any of our widening participation programmes
- Students participating in the Social Mobility Foundation programme.
How to apply
Applications are now open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to our application form.
Discover more about subjects you’re interested in studying at university and explore options you might not have considered before.
- Sample a range of academic sessions led by our teaching staff
- Recognise and make the most of your skills and experience
- Get advice on making the decision to study at university
- Get support with the UCAS application process and writing personal statements.
You’ll also take part in social activities, from making new friends at student nights on campus to exploring the city of York. Our current students will lead activities based on their personal interests. These can include anything from photography to football and journalism to Zumba!
"I've come back a better person, and I've learnt so much about myself. I'm definitely more confident and comfortable with who I am."
Who will I meet?
Events are led by a Widening Participation Officer with the support of a Graduate Ambassador and a team of current York students.
You’ll join a group led by two York students for the duration of the residential. They'll offer their own insights and guidance about student life and the important steps to higher education.
You’ll do some activities within your group, but most of the time you’ll mix with other students on the residential.
York students are employed as ambassadors for the University, and are trained to provide overnight support.