Communication is no longer just between humans face-to-face or at a distance, but is increasingly between devices and systems, delivering new interactive applications and services.
Our research addresses the complementary areas of communication systems, wireless transmission, acoustic and audio signal processing and applied electromagnetics and devices.
Our work is underpinned by world-class facilities including:
- a radio communications lab, with software radio devices and anechoic chamber
- an electromagnetics lab with reverberation chamber
- a full six-sided acoustically anechoic chamber
- an interactive multi-channel loudspeaker listening room
- a standards-compliant listening space
- three professional recording studios
Communications for challenging environments
Communication systems and protocols
We investigate a range of communications networks, particularly those used in challenging environments.
Applied electromagnetics and devices
This research focuses on hardware and associated physics, especially as they relate to applied electromagnetics and microwave and optical devices.
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.Study with us
We offer MSc programmes in Communications Engineering and Audio and Music Technology.Explore our courses