Get 24/7 access to the Safety team on campus through the SafeZone app.
A free safety app, available to all University of York staff and students, which allows you to access support while on campus or advice in York city centre.
- Emergency call - if your personal safety or that of others is (or has been) threatened
- First aid call - if you or others require medical assistance (all Campus Safety Officers are first aid trained)
- Help desk - for non-urgent help on campus
- Lone working - make Campus Safety aware that you’re working alone outside office hours
SafeZone only tracks your location if you request assistance, so that responding officers can locate you. The app will tell you if you are outside of campus boundaries and offer you a connection to 999 for emergency services.
Once you have downloaded the SafeZone app, you’ll need to register using your University email address.
You should contact the SafeZone support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have any problems with the app
- change your phone number
- have other account details that need changing.