University of York – China Scholarships Council joint research scholarships 2018/19
We're pleased to offer up to ten joint-funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with the China Scholarships Council (CSC).
The scholarships are open to Chinese nationals intending to begin a PhD in the 2018/19 academic year. They will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and CSC priorities.
Amount and duration
Each scholarship covers:
- 100% of tuition fees for the full duration of the CSC funding period which is typically three years
- A grant for living costs
- One return flight from China
- UK visa fees
- You must be a citizen and permanent resident of the People's Republic of China at the time of application.
- You must hold an unconditional offer for a full-time PhD degree programme at the University of York commencing Autumn 2018. You must, therefore, fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University, including the relevant level of English language proficiency, by 2 February 2018.
- If you're currently studying a Masters degree at York and you hold a conditional offer for a PhD you are also eligible to apply.
- You must not be working outside China at the time of application. Successful candidates must agree to return to China upon completion of their studies.
- Candidates currently studying outside China are eligible to apply, but not those who have already commenced a PhD programme of study prior to the 2018/19 academic year.
- You must satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC (csc.edu.cn).
Firstly you must apply to York for the PhD you're interested in. After you receive an offer of study, you must then be nominated by your academic department for the scholarship. If you are nominated, you must apply directly to the CSC for further consideration.
1. Apply to York
Deadline to obtain PhD offer letter: 2 February 2018
You must obtain an unconditional offer of study on a PhD programme by 2 February 2018. If you are a current York masters student you must obtain a conditional offer by this date. We recommend that you submit your application by early-December in order to give your prospective department time to consider your application.
On the postgraduate application form, please select 'China Scholarship Council – UoY PhD Programme' as your source of funding. If you've already applied and not selected this option, please contact your academic department.
2. Receive nomination from your academic department
Deadline for receiving nomination: 21 February 2018
You will receive a letter by 21 February 2018 to inform you whether or not you have been nominated by your academic department for further consideration.
3. Apply to CSC
CSC scholarship application deadline: 5 April 2018
If you have been successfully nominated by your academic department you must then submit an application to the CSC.
Applications will open from 20 March - 5 April 2018.
Please ensure you select the option for the “CSC – York Joint Programme” (与英国约克大学合作奖学金).
The University will notify you if your application has been nominated for further consideration by 21 February 2018.
If you've been nominated and have submitted your application to the CSC you can track progress using your CSC account.
Scholarship winners will be notified by 31 May 2018. You will be notified via your CSC online tracking account and will also receive a final award letter from the University.