In e:Vision, on the Your Study page, you'll find the option to produce the official letters listed below. Please ensure you check your student record details are correct before you generate your letter.
- Current students can access available marks through e:Vision using the 'View my Results' option. It may take time for all marks to become available.
- You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
COVID-19 update: current students
We have implemented a revised process for validating your marks from e:Vision while the University is operating at limited capacity: please take a clear screenshot of your marks from e:Vision, then email the attachment to email@example.com as a PDF document. When sending the PDF, please also let us know where the marks need to be sent.
The University can provide you with an official letter confirming that you are a current student, detailing your dates of study, current programme of study, intended award and expected completion date.
The University can provide you with an official letter confirming that you studied at the University of York, detailing your dates of study, programme of study, the award you achieved and your date of completion.
If you are eligible for council tax exemption, you will only be required to request this certificate from the University if:
- you need to provide evidence of being a student at the University of York to a local government authority other than the City of York Council
- the City of York Council contact you to say you need to send them a council tax exemption certificate.
The University can provide you with an official letter that will enable you to open a bank account. This letter will show the name and address of the bank, and your home and term-time address from your student record. This will also confirm that you are a current student, detailing your dates of study, current programme of study, intended award and expected completion date.
If you are an overseas student and have a Biometric Residence Permit you must take this along to the bank with you when you want to open an account.
If you are an international student who is undertaking a programme of study which requires an ATAS Certificate, the University can provide you with an official letter that will help you obtain one.
How to request documents
- Current students can request these documents through e:Vision using their IT Services username and password.
- Former students who require a Confirmation of Award letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, including your full name, date of birth, programme of study and dates of attendance. The letter will then be sent to you by email.
Standard processing time: