Underpinning processes and systems
Fundamental scientists investigate molecular and cellular mechanisms that underpin the development, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Advanced imaging facilities enable understanding of biological processes. Researchers in the social sciences and humanities explore the complex factors that influence population health and wellbeing, and develop cutting edge methodologies to improve analysis and evaluation.
York Biomedical Research Institute draws researchers together across disciplines to drive fundamental research in biomedical and clinical sciences.
Explore other departments, research centres and groups working in this area:
- Centre for Health Economics
- Environment and Geography
Research centres and groups
- Biological Physical Sciences Institute
- Jack Birch Unit for Molecular Carcinogenesis
- York Centre for Complex Systems Analysis
- Centre for Hyperpolarisation in Magnetic Resonance
- York Neuroimaging Centre
- York Structural Biology Laboratory
- Centre for Future Health
- York Environmental Sustainability Institute
- Centre for Global Health Histories