Click on the tabs below for information about ChemDraw.
About the software
ChemDraw is a tool for producing chemical drawings.
ChemDraw Std 17 is installed on IT Services managed PCs and is available for unsupported machines and personal use; see the Obtaining the software tab.
Obtaining the software
ChemDraw is installed on all IT Services classroom PCs.
To install ChemDraw on office PCs managed by IT Services, follow these steps:
- From the Start Menu search for and open Software Center
- Locate the software under the Available Software tab
- Click on the Install button in the lower right
Unmanaged machines and home use
From version 17 onwards, PerkinElmer's has moved to an online system called Flexnet Operations to manage access to licenses, software and activations codes. You will need to register as a member in this new system in addition to any existing user account on PerkinElmer's website.
- Visit the PerkinElmer registration page
- If you already have a registered account, you can sign in as an Existing User (your university email address should be your Login ID)
- If you haven't used the PerkinElmer website before, sign up as a new user using your university email address. This will then become your Login ID.
- Once you have entered the required details and signed up as a new user you will receive an email from PerkinElmer with a link directing you to set up your account password. When this has been set up you can then log in to the website using your Login ID and password.
- Follow the guide below for information on downloading and activating the product, along with further information and troubleshooting advice see:
You can download ChemDraw 16 from Cambridgesoft.com:
Documentation, training and support
- Introductory tutorials are provided in the ChemDraw Help menu and user guide