Applied Electromagnetics Test Facilities
Prof. Andy Marvin
tel: +44 (0)1904 322342
York EMC Services Ltd
The applied electromagnetics laboratory has extensive computer-controlled network and spectrum analysis equipment including:
- 22 GHz Time-Domain Reflectometry
- Antennas covering the frequency range from 10 kHz to 18 GHz
- 6 GHz optically-coupled field probe
- 3m x 4m x 5m reverberant (mode-stirred) chamber
- Open Area Test Site
- Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) measurement lab
- Anechoic chamber covering the frequency range from 1 GHz to 100 GHz
- ANSI standard TEM cell for material performance measurement
- GTEM 1100 based at the Castleford Test Laboratory run by our spin-off company York EMC Services Ltd (YES).
Access to the anechoic chambers, screened rooms, open-area test-sites and full EMC test equipment of the YES laboratories at Castleford (40km, 40 mins drive) and Inverkiething, Fife is available to staff and students by arrangement with the YES test house managers.