MSc module dedicated to safety assurance to start in April
News | Posted on Saturday 4 February 2023
The AAIP MSc module is the only one dedicated to the safety assurance of autonomy and machine learning
The module, Advanced Topics in Safety, can be taken as a standalone CPD short course or as part of the MSc in Safety-Critical Systems Engineering.
The course starts with self-study and then covers the following topics during the in-person sessions in York:
- Session 1: Introduction to safety and security assurance challenges posed by RAS
- Session 2: RAS software and verification of machine learning (ML)
- Session 3: Safety assurance of RAS in complex environments
- Session 4: Assurance of ML in autonomous systems
- Session 5: Human factors for RAS
- Session 6: Risk acceptance and conclusions
The course next runs in April 2023.