We focus our research around three themes which reflect current global challenges and the University's expertise.
Each theme is led by an academic expert who is responsible for developing cutting-edge research and driving innovation.
- Developing global research into food systems resilience and sustainability
- Designing integrated solutions to deliver improved food security across the food system
- Investigating the impacts of animal and plant diversity loss on ecosystems
- Understanding drivers for these changes to protect biodiversity and the benefits it provides
- Advancing knowledge around the natural, social, and built environments of cities
- Formulating new ways of living with the pressures of worldwide urbanisation