We focus our research around three themes which reflect current global challenges and the University's expertise.
Each theme is led by two academic experts who are responsible for developing cutting-edge research and driving innovation.
Food, Water & Waste
- Developing global research into food, water and waste systems resilience and sustainability
- Designing integrated solutions to deliver improved food security across the food system
- Understanding the interactions among species, ecosystem functions and ecosystem services.
- Investigating feedback between human behaviour and ecological dynamics, and what this means for the resilience and sustainability of coupled ecological-economic systems.
- Identifying and evaluating practical, effective, and equitable solutions that induce consumers, business and governments to take more sustainable decisions, and contribute to deliver resilient ecosystems for the future.
Environment & Health
- Improve understanding of the links between ecosystem and human health and wellbeing
- Develop and evaluate nature-based solutions for physically and mentally healthier futures.