This will be an in person workshop to follow-on from our first virtual workshop in September.
The aim is to develop a more in depth understanding of the research done by the group and to discuss possible collaborations and future steps.
We’ll start the workshop by focussing on the five broad research themes that the group identified as important last time, before opening the discussion out to broader research questions and possible collaborations. These five themes include:
- Human interactions and dependency on marine and coastal spaces
- Managing human interactions with marine and coastal spaces
- Change: understanding change, identifying drivers of change and looking at responses to change
- Research, impact and communication
- Developing novel approaches, working across different disciplines and methods
3:05-3:25 Summary of first workshop; introduction to the aims of the second workshop; group discussion of the five themes with the possibility to re-organise them or bring in new themes
3:25-3:45 First breakout groups - participants gather in small groups around the research themes that interest them most and discuss
3:40-4:05 Second breakout groups - participants gather in small groups around the research themes that interest them most and discuss (they can stay in the same place as the first breakout room or move)
4:05-4:20 Summary of the key findings from the breakout groups
4:20-4:30 Discussion of ways forward for the group and wrapping up