Undergraduate funding for international (including EU) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry will continue to be updated, so please check this page throughout the year.
Types of funding
Scholarships and bursaries are financial awards to help towards your study and living costs. You don't need to pay them back.
- Scholarships are typically allocated based on your outstanding academic achievements or extracurricular activities.
- Bursaries are typically allocated based on personal circumstance, such as 'residual household income' - the combined income of the parent(s), guardian(s) or partner who you live with. We often assess this automatically, and will be in touch if you're eligible.
These opportunities are open to students who pay tuition fees at the overseas rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK or international student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
If you're already studying a degree at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. Find out about tuition fees for visiting students.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry
We'll continue to add new and returning opportunities once confirmed throughout the year.
We award many international scholarships per year, recognising achievement by applying a tuition fee discount.
We're pleased to offer two Equal Access Scholarships for undergraduate students who are seeking refuge in the UK. Please note that you must have applied to the University of York before submitting an application for this scholarship.
We award the highest-achieving students with our prestigious Vice-Chancellor's scholarships.
Many of our departments and centres offer additional opportunities and specialised guidance on funding your studies.
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Hull York Medical School
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- York Law School
Opportunities for 2021/22 entry
We update many of our opportunities annually. Any listed below may soon become available again for the next academic year.