Brand Management - MAN00069M
« Back to module search
- Department: The York Management School
- Module co-ordinator: Dr. Fernando Fastoso
- Credit value: 10 credits
- Credit level: M
Academic year of delivery: 2019-20
Module will run
||Spring Term 2019-20
This module aims to develop:
- an understanding of the role of the brand from the perspective of the organisation and society
- the necessary skills to enable assessment of brand opportunities
- appropriate responses, to take and implement branding decisions, and measure the effectiveness of these decisions
- the ability to conduct and present work in a manner befitting a professional brand manager
Module learning outcomes
- Systematic understanding and comprehensive knowledge of brand theories and concepts, such as brand equity, identity, personality and brand architecture.
- Critical awareness of the external challenges of managing brands in the global environment.
- Critically assess the role of the brand within an organisations overall market position.
Academic and graduate skills
- Apply brand concepts to assess the current position of brands in the global market place.
- Synthesise current academic writing on branding in the global context using relevant library resources.
- Develop a brand plan for assessment and formulate marketing recommendations for that brand.
Other learning outcomes (if applicable)
- Demonstrate ability to work both independently and in teams, set goals, and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Produce logical and structured arguments supported by relevant evidence.
||% of module mark
Special assessment rules
||% of module mark
- Each student will receive a feedback sheet with detailed comments on his/her assessment, explaining how the student performed in relation to each of the criteria used for assessment
- At the end of term a self evaluation of the course to be approved by the Board of Examiners and the uploaded on to the VLE
- Turnaround time is maximum 6 weeks
- Keller, D. (2008), Strategic Brand Management – A European Perspective, New Jersey, Prentice Hall.
- Aaker, D. (2010), Building Strong Brands, London, Simon & Schuster.
- Kapferer, J. J. (2008), The New Strategic Brand Management: Creating and Sustaining Brand Equity Long Term, London, Kogan Page.
- Lopes, Teresa da Silva (2007), Global Brands, New York, Cambridge University Press.