Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 2 - HEA00063C
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Ms. Gillian Punton
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: C
Academic year of delivery: 2022-23
Module will run
||Summer Term 2022-23
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 1 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills for effective nursing practice.
- Reflect on development of therapeutic relationships through effective communication.
- Reflect on your ability and responsibility to provide safe and effective care.
- Reflect on your understanding of key concepts in the safe administration of medicines.
- Understand how a range of assessments are applied to your nursing practice.
Students are required to complete:
Initial, mid-point and final interviews
Episode(s) of care
Electronic Ongoing Achievement Record (E-OAR)
||% of module mark
|Coursework - extensions not feasible/practicable
Special assessment rules
Non-reassessable & Non-compensatable
Additional assessment information
Actual number of practice hours required: 304 plus 24 hours of simulation.
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Dougherty L, Lister S (2015) (9th Edition) The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. Chichester: John Wiley &Sons
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code