Travel and accommodation
Once you’ve received confirmation of your Department’s ceremony date, planning your travel and accommodation goes a long way to help the day go without a hitch.
Getting to the city
For sustainability purposes, we encourage the use of public transport whenever possible.
There is a frequent, fast train service on the main East Coast Line from London to Edinburgh, and a direct service from Leeds and Manchester Airport.
Getting to the University
- The Your bus 66 and 67 services provide easy links from the city centre and station, and we will offer a Park and Ride service from Grimston Bar.
- Taxis from York railway station take 15 to 30 minutes and cost around £10.
- For drivers, the University postcode is YO10 5DD, though parking on campus may not be available for the majority of ceremonies.
Getting to the ceremony
Our ceremonies all take place in Central Hall, while the Exhibition Centre is used as a hub for many other services on the day.
Stewards will be on hand around campus to give directions and answer any other questions.
We advise allowing for plenty of extra time when planning your day.
- On weekday ceremonies, campus parking is only available for disabled graduands and guests.
- On Saturday ceremonies, campus parking will be available for all graduands and guests.
Disabled graduands and guests should park in the reserved bays of Campus Central Car Park. There will be parking attendants on hand at all ceremonies if you require any assistance.
Park and Ride (weekday ceremonies only)
Our Park and Ride service offers regular buses between Grimston Bar (YO19 5LA) and Campus Central Car Park throughout graduation days. Parking is free, and return tickets cost £2 per person.
- When arriving at the Park and Ride please follow signs for the reserved Graduation car park.
- It is not possible to leave your vehicle overnight.
Bed and Breakfast accommodation
Stay with us on campus one last time, before or after the big day, and enjoy the celebrations with your family and friends with our Bed and Breakfast accommodation.
For bed and breakfast enquiries please contact STEM on 01904 328364 or firstname.lastname@example.org