The York Plasma Institute is dedicated to fully engaging with industry to strengthen existing links and to create new ones, to form collaborative projects, and to support local industry to make the region a hub for innovative plasma science and applications.
We have designated staff to work with industry and other academic partners to achieve these aims.
We have developed collaborative relationships with companies from a range of areas including advanced manufacturing, microwave technology, medical technology, and precision micro-engineering.
There are a number of ways in which we can collaborate with industry from small-scale scoping projects, up to Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and other Innovate UK/RCUK funding streams.
Why work with us?
There are many key benefits for industries collaborating with our academics including:
- Opportunities to work with leading experts in plasma and fusion science
- Potential to unlock industrial funding streams from research councils and learned societies
- Opportunities for knowledge transfer to enhance or extend core business
- Opportunities for recruitment of high-quality students
- Opportunities to participate in and help the delivery of training programmes
Get in touch
If you are interested in working with us we encourage you to contact:
Dr Kate Lancaster, Industry Manager