Support for staff
There are a number of ways that you can access advice and support as a member of staff both within your department and elsewhere in the University.
Sources of support
- Line Manager - line managers have responsibility for ensuring that complaints are resolved.
- HR Partner/Advisor - each department is supported by an HR Partner and an HR Advisor. They provide specialist support and advice on all HR issues to managers and staff.
- Dignity Contacts can provide non-emergency confidential information about reporting options and sources of support for students and staff across campus who might be experiencing harassment, bullying or hate incidents.
- Mental Health First Contact Network - a network of trained staff who are a first point of contact if you are experiencing emotional or psychological distress.
- Report and Support can be used to make reports about staff and student misconduct, including anonymous reports. If you report with contact details, a member of staff will get in touch with you to discuss options.
- Colleague - a colleague can support you if you're raising a complaint.
- Trade Union Representative - you can seek support from your Trade Union.
- Health Assured - employee assistance programme with counsellors available to talk through any problem, at any time.
The Equality and Diversity Office supports the implementation of this policy across the University and provides advice and guidance on equality and diversity issues.