We've provided guidance to help you adopt the best practice for inclusivity in your work and studies.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion - a practical guide for staff (PDF , 596kb)
- Inclusive and accessible events good practice guidelines (updated May 2022) (PDF , 719kb)
- Glossary of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Terminology
- Content warnings - a good practice guide (PDF , 59kb) by the Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Good practice to assist individuals with hearing loss
- Guidance for students on using lecture capture and making their own recordings of teaching sessions
- Accessibility information for users of the University Library. The Borthwick Institute for Archives also has information on the accessibility of the Archives reading rooms and collections.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity staff wiki pages (login required)
- Staff journey for a new member of staff with a disability
- Student journey for a new undergraduate with a disability
- Recording meetings as a reasonable adjustment for disabled staff (internal use only)
- Dyslexia support at York
Race and ethnicity
Religion or belief or non belief
- Religious Festivals: our Events calendar includes the dates of key religious festivals celebrated by members of the University community.
- AdvanceHE guidance: Religion and belief: supporting inclusion of staff and students in higher education and colleges (internal use only)
- Diversity in Sport: The University's Boat Club in collaboration with Stonewall have created a video highlighting diversity and inclusivity in sport.
- Guidance for LGBT+ staff and students travelling outside the UK
Support for trans staff and students
- AdvanceHEguidance on supporting trans staff and students
- LGBT Foundation - A guide to being a trans ally (PDF , 20,302kb)
- Policy on Changes to Student Names