We welcome undergraduate and postgraduate visiting students from across the world. You'll be fully integrated into the academic and social life of the University during a period of full-time supervised study.
You can join us through programmes such as Erasmus+, individual university partnerships, third party providers and country-specific government initiatives, or as an independent applicant.
Why choose York?
- Study at a highly-rated UK university with an international reputation for teaching and research excellence
- We offer a high quality academic experience across a range of subjects in the arts, sciences and social sciences
- Full credit transfer to your home university is usually possible
- While you're with us you can take an accredited language course
- Our student-led societies organise a variety of events for visiting and international students
- We have a range of affordable on-campus accommodation
- You'll also get to experience life in our beautiful city, regularly voted one of the best cities to live in and visit in the UK
- The location of our city makes it a great base from which to explore Yorkshire and the rest of the UK
Your steps to joining us
1. Choose a course
2. Start your application
3. Get ready for your arrival
4. Explore student life
Guide for visiting students
Guide for visiting students (PDF , 1,502kb)
+44 (0) 1904 322082
"York is safe and quiet enough to concentrate on your work, but big enough to enjoy yourself outside of your academic life.
There are lots of beautiful historical spots, nice cafes and restaurants, and pubs in town, and it’s a good location to travel throughout the UK.
If you want a good academic environment, in a fun and interesting city, York is the place for you.”