Total System Services (TSYS) Masters Scholarship 2019/20
The TSYS Masters Scholarship is a fee waiver worth £5,000. There is one scholarship available for 2019/20 entry.
Applications are closed.
The scholarship is funded by TSYS, a market leader in merchant payment-acceptance solutions as well as in services in credit, debit, prepaid mobile, healthcare and more.
The successful candidate will be selected based on their academic ability, commitment to studies and the quality of their written application.
In order to be eligible you must have an offer for a place on one of the following Masters degrees:
- Accounting and Financial Management (MSc)
- Global Marketing (MSc)
- Human Resource Management (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- International Business and Strategic Management (MSc)
- International Strategic Management (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management with Business Finance (MSc)
You must also:
- expect to begin your Masters studies in September 2019
- have or expect to obtain a first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the Masters course
- be classified as Home student (UK or EU) for tuition fee purposes.
Application deadline: 12 noon, Friday 28 June, 2019
If you have not yet completed your application to study at York, please do so, and then apply for a scholarship as soon as you receive an offer.
How to apply
You can apply online. When you apply you should upload:
- a written application outlining your suitability for the award
- a one-side A4 summary CV (no covering letter please).
What happens next?
We will inform successful applicants within 14 days of the application deadline.
There is one award available per academic year until 2028.
The York Management School will select a candidate on the basis of their academic ability, commitment to studies and the quality of their written application.
We anticipate that decisions will be made by the end of July 2019. We expect to contact successful candidates and reserves as soon as possible after the decision is made.
Successful scholarship applicants have a limited period to accept their scholarship offer before it is re-offered to the next reserve, please make sure you include an email address you check regularly in your application form.
Successful candidates will be sent a formal letter confirming the offer of the scholarship. The letter sets out the value and duration of the award. The letter asks candidates to accept the Terms of the Scholarship.
For awards with fee waivers
Fee waivers are paid directly to the University on behalf of the award holder and will be deducted from the award holder's University student account. Award holders will be responsible for paying any remaining fees.
For scholarships with stipends
Award holders whose scholarship value exceeds their tuition fees costs, will receive the balance as a stipend that will be paid directly into their preferred bank account.
For all scholarships and studentships
Continued receipt of all Scholarship is conditional upon satisfactory academic progress. Scholarship holders should notify the Student Financial Support Unit in the following circumstances:
- you take leave of absence
- you change your programme of study
- your registration status changes (e.g. Full time to part time)
- you withdraw from your programme
We may request progress updates from your Academic Department in order to monitor academic progress.