If you're an international applicant there are some additional factors to consider as part of your application.

English language requirements

If English is not your first language, you may be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability to the required level, in addition to any academic entry requirements.

If you've not met our English language requirements

We offer a range of pre-sessional language courses which can be used for entry to degree-level courses.

These courses will provide you with the level of English needed to meet the conditions of your offer. You can apply online once you receive and accept your offer. These courses are popular, so apply early to avoid disappointment.

Country-specific entry requirements and accepted qualifications

To ensure the qualifications you are studying or have studied are considered suitable for entry to York, please check the relevant country-specific information.

If you require a Tier 4 student visa

If you require a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is required as part of the visa application process.

How to request a CAS

  • You'll be able to request a CAS via You@York: our applicant portal which you'll get access to once you've applied (go to the Your Tier 4 Visa section).
  • You can request a CAS if you have accepted an offer (either conditional or unconditional). We will only issue a CAS once your offer becomes unconditional and you have accepted the unconditional offer.
  • You will need to upload a copy of your passport and any previous Tier 4 visas at this stage.

CAS statements for entry in September 2019 will be issued from May onwards.

For more information about Tier 4 student visas see: Tier 4 (General) student visa (gov.uk).