60th Anniversary Scholarship (postgraduate)
We award many international scholarships per year, recognising achievement by applying a tuition fee discount.
We are committed to recognising the achievements of our international applicants through scholarships and tuition fee discounts. Please check back shortly for news on the awards available for 2024/25.
We're offering a new scholarship to celebrate our 60th anniversary.
Our scholarships are awarded to international students to support them to achieve their goals at the University of York. We have a number of awards offering a £5,000, £7,500 or £10,000 tuition fee discount.
All postgraduate taught students will be automatically considered and we will notify successful awardees in two rounds on 21 April 2023 and 7 July 2023, based on the date of application. There is no need to formally apply for the scholarship.
Open to International (including EU) students only.
Open to students in the following departments: Centre for Applied Human Rights, Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies, Centre for Lifelong Learning, Centre for Medieval Studies, Centre for Modern Studies, Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies, Centre for Women's Studies, Department of Archaeology, Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Computer Science, Department of Economics and Related Studies, Department of Education, School of Physics, Engineering and Technology, Department of English and Related Literature, Department of Environment and Geography, Department of Health Sciences, Department of History, Department of History of Art, Department of Language and Linguistic Science, Department of Mathematics, Department of Philosophy, Department of Politics and International Relations, Department of Psychology, Department of Sociology, School of Arts and Creative Technologies, Post-war Reconstruction and Development Unit, Research Centre for Social Sciences, School of Natural Sciences, School of Philosophy, Politics and Economics, School of Social and Political Sciences, School for Business and Society and York Law School.
To be eligible for a 60th Anniversary Scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 2 April 2023 (round one) or 18 June 2023 (round two) (you don't need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 2 April 2023 (round one) or 18 June 2023 (round two))
- intend to study a full-time postgraduate taught masters course.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships
- Hull York Medical School
- MSc Nursing (Mental Health) and MSc Nursing (Adult)
- MA in Public Policy: Governance and Development
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
Application deadline: Sunday 18 June 2023, 11.59pm BST
Applicants will be automatically considered and notified based on date of application.
- Successful awardees will be notified 21 April 2023
- Successful awardees will be notified 7 July 2023
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
Once offered a scholarship, you must:
- Accept the scholarship offer formally by 21 July 2023 using the link provided within your offer email
- Accept your offer of admission from York.
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Otherwise, you will lose your scholarship, and it will be offered to a reserve candidate.
If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship.
Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarships may be combined with University of York departmental scholarships.
Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not exceed 100 per cent of your tuition fees.
Got a question about applying to York? Email our friendly International Team for advice and support.
If you've already applied to study at York please use You@York to upload any documents. Please do not email documents to us as this may delay your offer being processed.