Accessibility statement

(c) George Mabee

Frequently asked questions

Enrolment FAQs

When can I enrol?

New Postgraduate Research students with an Unconditional Offer (From April 2024) 

From 4 March 2024

You will receive an email with the title 'University of York Joining Instructions'. Emails will be sent to students who have accepted an unconditional offer.

Returning Undergraduate students

From 4 March 2024 you can log into e:Vision and enrol online.

Returning Postgraduate students

From 4 March 2024 you can log into e:Vision and enrol online.

How do I enrol?

New students Semester 1 2023/4

You will receive an email with the title 'University of York Joining Instructions'.  This will tell you how to set up or upgrade your IT account and enrol online. 

Returning students including leave of absence returners

You should log into e:Vision and enrol online.

I've tried to enrol but I'm having problems with my username and password

Please contact IT services by emailing

What if I am unable to enrol online?

Please contact to request a paper enrolment form to be emailed to you.

What is the deadline for completing enrolment?

Semester 2 2023/4

Continuing Undergraduate students and continuing Postgraduate taught students

If you are returning from a period of leave of absence, two weeks after your absence is due to end

New Postgraduate taught students

27 January 2024

New and Continuing Postgraduate Research students 

14 days after programme start date, or 14 days after the anniversary of your start date for continuing

Where do I get my University Card from?

To create your University Card an up-to-date photograph is required. You can upload your photograph online by logging onto e:Vision. If you are unable to use the online system, you can request that a paper application form be sent to you in the mail by emailing

Get more details on how to get your University card

What if I want to change programme as soon as I arrive at the University?

Please talk to your supervisor or departmental administrator to discuss your options.

What if I want to leave the University?

Please talk to your supervisor or departmental administrator to discuss your options.

Why is it important that I read the University of York Ordinances and Regulations?

When you enrol you are undertaking to obey the Ordinances and Regulations of the University of York that are in force during your period of study.

IT account set-up

How do I upgrade or set up my IT Services account?

Log into York Identity Manager. Before you can enrol or complete any of the online tasks you need to upgrade from applicant to student level or set up your IT account.  This will enable you to access the University's IT facilities including your University email account.

How do I access my University email account?


What if I haven't received any information from Student Finance England or the Student Loans Company telling me how much money I will be entitled to receive for Student Support?

Contact Student Finance England on +44 (0)300 100 0607, Student Finance Wales on +44 (0)300 200 4050 and Student Finance Northern Ireland +44 (0)300 100 0611 or online.

Alternatively you can contact the University's Student Financial Support by telephone on +44 (0)1904 324043 or by email at

When will I receive payments from Student Finance England or the Student Loans Company?

New Students

Once you have enrolled and your course has commenced the University can confirm your registration to the Student Loan Company. It then takes five working days before the money is paid into your bank account. You can see if your registration has been confirmed to the Student Loan Company by logging into e:Vision and selecting the 'SLC Notification for 2022/23' option. The 'Notification Date' shown is the date the University confirmed your registration on the course

You don't need to take any further action other than completing your enrolment, but if you have any problems receiving your loan please get in touch with the Student Hub and we can help.  

Returning Students

Your attendance is confirmed to the Student Loan Company after you have enrolled online.


Where can I get further information about accommodation?

Through the Accommodation Services web pages.