Posted on 23 October 2020
The marquee at the Piazza on Campus East is available for you to study in, bring your lunch, or just to take a break in.
You can drop in during the day to both marquees between 12-6pm - staff will be on hand to ensure everyone can socially distance.
In the evening, you can book a space at The Piazza marquee between 6-10pm. You can book for up to six people - though note that the marquees are classed as indoor spaces so you should not meet up with people from outside your household there.
Both marquees are open every day.
How to book a place in The Piazza marquees (6-10pm)
- Use the University room booking system to ‘request room booking’.
- Click on ‘Make a new booking’
- Complete your contact details. You can insert ‘Personal booking’ as the title of your booking and click continue.
- Specify your start and end time (note bookings are taken between 6-10pm) and then in ‘Property preference’ start typing ‘marquees’.
- Click on an available bench and then ‘Done, go to overview’.
- You’ll then get an overview of your booking. Click ‘OK, close wizard’.
- Log back into the room booking system to amend or cancel your booking.
If you are wanting to use the marquee space for an event you will need to fill out an Events Management Form.
There are also lots of study spaces available across campus and some are available 24/7. This includes:
See our information about University study spaces for details on whether you need to book a place:
For areas with IT facilities, see:
You can meet up with people outside your household in the outdoor venue, The Forest. You must follow the COVID-secure procedures to keep yourself and others safe.
We’re providing areas where people who are self-isolating can still go outside for fresh air and exercise. Check our self-isolation guidance for more information.