Good internal communication is vital to keeping staff and students informed of news and developments in departments, colleges and across the University.
An all-staff email sent every Thursday afternoon, to keep you informed about what’s happening at the University.
Surveys and feedback
Taking the pulse of the University community is essential to providing great services. We run surveys across the University, and can help you listen to your department's needs.
Digital screens are located around campus, and can be used to broadcast messages to staff, students and visitors.
Who to contact
Regular and effective two-way communication can lead to increased morale and engagement.
- Think of your audience and write your message appropriately, considering style, language and tone.
- Think about your key messages.
- Communicate using the appropriate channels, eg email, social media, the Staff Digest, a meeting...
- Do not write in jargon or use acronyms without explaining them.
- Conduct an internal communications audit within your department to find out how well communication is currently working, and to identify barriers to effective communication.
- Remember that good communication is a two-way process. Provide opportunities for staff to communicate their views to you.