Confidentiality for communications and remote operations is an indispensable requirement of our modern society. Quantum communications guarantee protection against unwanted interceptions with the highest level of security.
Quantum sensors outperform classical ones on specific tasks, thus expanding and reinforcing the current portfolio available to researchers and technicians when designing systems that function in challenging environments.
- Secure quantum networks for ground and space applications, including for autonomous vehicles
- Quantum and classical information transport at any scale over fibre, free-space and underwater channels
- Quantum sensors and quantum information processing to support challenging environments.
- EPSRC Quantum Communications Hub
- ID Quantique
- Network Rail
- BAE Systems
- RAL Space
- EU Networks
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- Universities of Southampton, Bristol and Oxford