Our courses combine contemporary teaching methods with traditional approaches to mathematics to give you the skills you need for your future career or further study.
Why study maths at York?
We offer a range of interdisciplinary Masters courses, bringing together expertise from within the Department of Mathematics and across the University.
Our vibrant research culture inspires your teaching. You'll be taught in small groups with approachable lecturers, giving you a productive and creative learning environment. You'll join a supportive community of postgraduate students, with our friendly staff on hand to give you the help you need.
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance by online distance learning (MSc)
- Mathematical Sciences (MSc)
- Financial Engineering (MSc)
- Statistics and Computational Finance (MSc)
Or search all postgraduate taught courses.
Prepare for postgraduate study or develop your professional skills with our flexible online courses.
Spend up to a year in York as a visiting student from a university outside the UK.
Scholarships and funding
Find out about funding opportunities for postgraduate study at York.
100% of our departmental research outputs received the highest ratings (3* and 4*) in the latest Research Excellence Framework (2021).
Dedicated study spaces
A productive, well-equipped environment for individual and group projects, as well as study events led by our student-run Mathematics Society.
- Mathematicians are in great demand from a wide range of employers. You'll learn key skills in communication, problem-solving and critical analysis, all of which are highly sought after by employers.
- You'll benefit from our strong collaborative relationships with industrial partners and policymakers where you can expand your professional network, gain experience and exchange ideas.
Our graduates have gone on to work for companies in a range of sectors including business analytics, cyber security, large-scale manufacturing and logistics.
- Hear stories from York alumni (alumnivoices.co.uk)
- Discover the career choices of alumni from our Department - browse graduate profiles