York houses one of the largest concentrations of health economics researchers in the world.
Health economists are located in a number of departments at the University of York, including Department of Economics and Related Studies, Centre for Health Economics and York Health Economics Consortium.
Collectively, our group has extensive international networks and recognition; recent bibliometric analysis by the World Bank places York as the only UK institution in the world top ten in health economics, alongside Harvard, Stanford and Berkeley. The two main international journals in the field (Health Economics and Journal of Health Economics) have been edited from York.
Topics covered by our research include:
- Economic analysis of health and healthcare policy
- Economic appraisal of health technology
- Informing decision-making in global health
- Informing research and development: priorities, design and conduct
- Distributional impact and inequality of opportunity
- Conceptual and empirical developments in economics of healthcare systems
- Large and complex datasets, including administrative and linked data
Health Economics - cluster members
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.Study with us
MSc Health Economics
Our MSc course provides comprehensive training in health economics theory and practice.Study Health Economics