How to apply

All applications for our degree courses must be made through UCAS. Applications can be completed online through UCAS at the website address below. You can also track on-line what stage your application is at with UCAS. 

We have produced a document which explains how you can track your degree application: Tracking Your Degree Application (PDF , 81kb)

Our UCAS code is Y50.

Address: UCAS Application Requests
New Barn Lane
GL52 3LZ
Telephone: + 44 (0)870 1122200

Studying overseas during your final year

If you are seriously considering studying abroad in the final year it is important that your initial application through UCAS should indicate this, so that we can ensure that you receive the language training you will need before going abroad.

Read Alice's profile, MChem, year abroad (Boston)

However, you are still free to change your mind at any time up to the end Year 2, and can opt to spend the final MChem year either at York or in industrial training, or simply to switch to BSc.

Chemistry@York Magnify applicant site

After we have received your application for one of our undergraduate chemistry programmes you will be given access to our distinctive site for applicants called Magnify.

Guided by our current Chemistry undergraduate students, this site has been created to address key areas that we hope will be of interest to you during the admissions process

If you have any further questions please contact Katrina Sayer, email or telephone 01904 322545


All our BSc and MChem degree programmes are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry. At York, since you can change between the MChem and BSc after starting your course, you will receive the same offer irrespective of whether you apply for a 4 or a 3 year course.