- we maintain a welcoming environment, where people of all backgrounds and identities can feel at home and can explore and develop their values, motivations and aspirations
- we maintain activities and opportunities that prepare students for fulfilling lives and ready to make a positive contribution to society
- we make a positive contribution to York, the region and beyond
You can expect the University:
- to welcome you into an active and supportive collegiate community
- to provide, and support the students’ unions to provide, opportunities for you to get involved in sports, societies, volunteering, social activities and experiences that will enrich your development
- to provide information on the opportunities available to graduates, and offer support and contacts to help you to become a successful applicant for graduate jobs or further study
- to offer a range of effective services that support you to resolve issues that may impact on your studies
As a student member of the University, you are expected:
- to be a good neighbour, both on and off campus, considerate of the needs of others, and contributing to the maintenance of a supportive community
- to make the most of opportunities outside your academic programme to develop your skills, explore your values and map out a vision of life beyond university
- to use the University’s resources to explore career options and prepare to make effective applications
- to familiarise yourself with the support that is available, be mindful of your own health and well-being, and seek support for issues that may inhibit your learning
Information and services that relate to our community of purpose:
As well as a place to live, your college will provide you with a network of support and a calendar of events and activities to help you settle in.
We have over 180 student societies: joining one is a fantastic way to meet like-minded people and make new friends.
Work and volunteering
We'll help you find volunteering opportunities and plan your post-university career or study path.
Study and work abroad
Broaden your cultural and social perspectives and stand out from the crowd by taking part in a global opportunity.
Health and wellbeing
It's important to look after your physical and mental health so that you can get the most out of your studies.