Terms of reference
This Forum provides opportunities for peer networking, support and development amongst Black, Asian and minority ethnic staff and the promotion of University values around inclusiveness.
The Forum will aim to meet once a term. It will have an input into the work of the University's Staff Race Equality Steering Group.
A University-wide network of staff interested in celebrating and promoting progress and good practice in relation to race equality.
- Provide opportunities for peer networking, support, coaching and mentoring amongst BAME staff.
- Act as a consultation forum to inform the University's approach to race equality by contributing experience, expertise and ideas to the Staff Race Equality Steering Group, feeding into the work of the University Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Advise on the assessment of submissions for external awards and equality charter marks.
- Promote University values in which all members of the University community are able to participate and fulfil their potential regardless of ethnicity, race or nationality.
- Promote race equality and equality of opportunity between all staff groups; and also promote the University Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and other relevant equality policies.
- Celebrate and promote the successes of a diverse range of staff (and students) internally and externally, promoting York as a university and employer of choice.