Staff room bookings
Room bookings can be made for the remainder of this academic year. Room bookings for the 2022/23 academic year are currently closed but will open following the release of the new academic timetable.
Booking a room
It can take up to two working days to confirm a room booking, so make sure to submit your request in good time.
- Log into Planon
- Select ‘Make a new booking’
- Enter contact details, the title of your booking and the number of people who will be present. Please note the maximum number of people may be restricted under Government guidelines
- Select ‘Continue’
- Enter the date & time for the start and end of your booking
- If you know the building or room you wish to book then enter the code under property preference. Leave blank if you have no preference.
- Under ‘Facilities’ you can select a room which is: bookable during vacation time, contains a hearing loop or PC & data projector or has wheelchair access. You can choose all that apply.
- Pick the room layout you would like. Leave blank if you have no preference.
- Click Search and a list of available rooms will be displayed. If a room you were expecting to see does not appear it may be already booked at the time you want it. If you tick ‘Show unavailable reservation units’ it will show when the room is booked.
- Click the room you would like to book and select ‘Continue’.
- If you are happy with the booking details click ‘OK’ to submit your request
Teaching room information
If you are not sure which room to book or need more information on the rooms available around campus, see Teaching room information for more details about specific rooms.
If you have a more complicated room request and would like to get in touch with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to classroom layouts
The classroom should always be used in its default layout and all furniture should remain as it is set up. If you require any changes to be made to your room layout contact email@example.com and ensure you allow enough time in your booking for turnaround of the room.
Booking college and departmental rooms
If you would like to book a college room (such as a JCR) please contact the college directly. Additionally, some departments may require that certain rooms are booked directly through the departmental administrator.
Booking AV equipment
Additional audio visual equipment is available to hire or book directly from the Audio Visual team.
For certain events, you will need to complete an Events Management Form alongside going through the normal booking process. This is necessary if your event:
- Is a social event - for example a concert, performance, poetry reading, music or other social event
- Has a high risk of injury
- Involves providing food and drink
- Could be considered a statutory nuisance, eg noise pollution
- Is an outdoor event
- Involves visitors from outside the institution coming onto campus
- Involves large numbers of people.
If you are unsure about whether your booking falls into one of these categories, contact the Health, Safety and Security Department.
If you are planning an event that isn’t related to teaching, research or other University business please book your space through York Conferences. They can also provide accommodation on campus for visitors.
University learning spaces are there for you to use. However, to help you get the most out of the space and ensure others can too - please read the following advice.
During your booking
Health and safety
If there is an accident or sudden illness, contact Security on internal extension 3333. After the session, you will need to complete a University Accident/Injury report through the Health and Safety web pages.
Using the Telephone
Unless you have made prior arrangement, you will only be able to use the telephone in the room for internal numbers and emergencies. If you would like to arrange to make an external call from a room on campus, please contact Unified Communications at least a week before the session.
At the end of your booking
Before leaving the room, make sure it is ready for the next person to use by:
- Clearing the boards
- Turning off the projector using the button on the control panel
- Replacing any furniture that you have moved to its original layout
- Clearing up any spillages or other mess made by food and drink
- Throwing away or recycling any rubbish
- Turning off the lights and the close the windows and doors.
Terms and Conditions
When you book a room on campus, you agree to the University room bookings terms and conditions (PDF , 203kb). Please make sure you read through this document before using a room so that you understand your responsibilities.