Tropical Ecosystems Network Meeting: Challenges and Opportunities of Tropical Agricultural Expansion
Join YESI for our 12th Tropical Ecosystem Network meeting which will focus on the impacts of agricultural expansion on ecosystems and livelihoods. Experts from the University of York will present their work on this topic through a series of short presentations, followed by an in-depth discussion to explore future research directions, potential applications and opportunities.
If you are interested in giving a presentation please let us know by emailing Jane Gulec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting is primarily for network members but non-members are welcome to attend.The YESI Tropical Ecosystem Network is designed to bring together the breadth of expertise across departments at the University of York to start a conversation, build innovative collaborations, develop new interdisciplinary research directions and bid for funding opportunities. If you are not a member of the YESI Tropical Ecosystem Network and would like to join please click here.
- "Private actors in global agri-food governance", Paulina Flores Martinez
- "The hidden cost of tobacco: the consequences of cultivation in Tanzania", Dr Eleanor Jew (Ellie)
- "Modelling the resilience of the Engaruka historical water-management system", Tabitha Kabora
- "Data availability and transparency are key to tackling EU-driven deforestation", Dr Chris West
- "Space for Giants", Professor Rob Marchant