Join an expert panel from industry, policy, academia and non-governmental organisations to discuss the challenges and opportunities of preventing food waste across the food supply chain, from farm to fork, followed by an interactive audience Q&A. There will also be the opportunity to browse an accompanying exhibition and learn how food waste can be used to create innovative products and processes, from functional foods and active packaging to biodegradable materials, fertilisers and biofuels. You can even try a cup of soup made from surplus food!
This event will be chaired by Professor Sue Hartley, Director of York Environmental Sustainability Institute.
Our panellists include:
● Carrie Bradshaw, Lecturer, University of York
● Jessica Sinclair Taylor, Head of Communications and Policy, Feedback
● Maggie Smallwood, CEO, BioVale
● Joe Bennett, Senior Technologist, Biorenewables Development Centre
● David Ryan, Customer Relationship Manager, Toast Ale
This event is part of the York Festival of Ideas 2018 which will take place from 5 to 17 June 2018 under the banner of Imagining the Impossible. YESI are organising this event with the University of York (Law School), BioVale and the Agrimax project.