2018 Research Staff Conference
“On your doorstep: Celebrating researchers and research at York”
Research colleagues gave short presentations at the recent research staff conference held in the ARRC Auditorium, West Campus, on 15 June 2018.
The aim of the conference was to highlight the high-quality research carried out at the University and to celebrate the support for research we receive.
You can view the presentations below and on the BRIC Research Staff Conference playlist.
- Professor Deborah Smith, PVC Research: "Value of research in a changing climate"
- Amanda Selvaratnam, Head of Enterprise Services/Associate Director of Research and Enterprise: "Making knowledge exchange and partnerships work for you"
- Dr Karen Clegg, Head of Building Research and Innovation Capacity (BRIC) Team: "10 years of the Concordat"
- Professor Sue Hartley, Katie Privett and Alice Flint, York Environment Sustainability Institute (YESI): "What is YESI and how can it help you?"
- Katie Davis, Dept of Biology: "Speciation, extinction and climate change: inferences for the geological record"
- Lisa M Miller, Dept of Chemistry:"MAPS: Multiparameter Assay for Profiling Susceptibility"
- Edward Cox, Centre for Health Economics: “The cost-effectiveness of strategies for the initial management of potential infection in advanced HIV”
- Kate Bosanquet, Dept of Health Sciences: “Meeting the Physical Health needs of people with serious mental illness in primary care"
Thank you to all those who attended and contributed to the Conference. Your feedback suggests that it was a valuable event.
90% would recommend the conference to others
91% said they had a better understanding of the Concordat and why it exists
91% said that being asked to contribute to the University's Concordat Action Plan was helpful
61% of respondents said they had a good or very good understanding of KE and Partnerships
59% said they had a better idea of how to promote themselves as researchers
Use the feedback provided to develop provision and support for Researchers and Research Professional Support Staff and this will be reflected in the University's Concordat Action Plan. Your ongoing feedback about how we can best support you is always welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.