Click on the tabs below for information about Stata.
About the software
Stata is a general-purpose statistical software package. Stata's capabilities include:
- Data management
- Statistical analysis
- Custom programming
Stata version 15 is installed on all IT Services managed PCs. Please see the Obtaining the software tab for more details.
Obtaining the software
Stata is installed on all IT Services classroom PCs.
Stata is not available for students to purchase from the Library & IT Help Desk.
To install Stata on office PCs managed by IT Services:
- From the Start Menu search for and open Software Center
- Locate the software under the Available Software tab
- Click on the Install button in the lower right
Once installed, it will appear under Start | All Programs.
Unsupported machines and home use
- A single user licence may be purchased from http://www.timberlake.co.uk/
- Students may purchase Stata direct from Timberlake at a reduced cost: you'll need to provide proof of your student status (ie a copy of your University card). Find out more:
Documentation, training and support