The Steering Group has been convened to improve attitudes to disability and health conditions and disclosure.
It is proposed that the Steering Group will meet once a term.
Terms of Reference
- Lead on the development of a University-wide network of staff interested in celebrating and promoting progress and good practice in relation to disability equality through INCLUDE.
- Support the University to foster a campus wide culture in which all members of the University community are able to participate and fulfil their potential regardless of their disability or health condition.
- Inform and influence the University’s approach to disability equality by contributing experience, expertise and ideas (through feedback from the Network) to the work of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee and University’s Executive Board.
- To advise and assist the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the Equality & Diversity Office in monitoring the effectiveness of the equality strategy, policies and procedures.
- Be active role models to advance disability equality and equality of opportunity between all staff groups; and contribute to the University’s implementation of its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and other relevant equality policies.
- Celebrate and promote the successes of a diverse range of staff (and students) internally and externally, promoting York as a University and employer of choice.
- Investigate the different external awards and equality charter marks for disability equality.
The Co-Chairs and members of the Steering Group are appointed for a period of two years (renewable). Membership of the Steering Group is open to all with an interest in disability equality.
- Mo Onyett, Student Services (Co-Chair)
- Penny Spikins, Archaeology (Co-Chair)
- Elva Robinson, Biology
- Linda Brosnan, Equality and Diversity Office