Your first point of contact at the University.
Reception Services assist students, staff and visitors by providing advice, directions and information on all University services as well as support with residential mail, keys and fault reporting.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) service changes
- The reception service for students in Alcuin, Derwent, Eden's Court, Fairfax House and Vanbrugh is at the Information Centre.
- Halifax College reception is open 24/7
- Wentworth College reception is open 24/7 to provide a service for James students also.
Locations, opening hours and contact details
If a reception point is closed, you can use the nearby phone to call the mobile number displayed next to it. This will put you through to the receptionist who is away from the desk.
Standard opening times
All of our receptions are open 365 days of the year, unless stated otherwise
|Alcuin College||24 hours||+44 (0)1904 email@example.com|
|Derwent College||24 hours||+44 (0)1904 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Halifax College||24 hours||+44 (0)1904 email@example.com|
|James College||24 hours||+44 (0)1904 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vanbrugh College||24 hours||+44 (0)1904 email@example.com|
|Wentworth College||7am to 11pm||+44 (0)1904 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heslington Hall||8.30am to
|+44 (0)1904 email@example.com|
The Information Centre
The Information Centre is located at Market Square, University Road. In addition to being a reception point, it also offers the following services:
- Unicard issuing for staff and students
- Parking permit checks and applications
- The University switchboard
- Telephony support
- Lost and found property
- New key collection
- Young person railcard authorisation
- Staff bus ticket purchasing
The Information Centre is open 24hrs - 7 days a week. Parking, security, and Unicard help desks are open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Reception Services bookings
To book Reception Services, please contact the Reception Services Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- The number of the room you require reception services for
- The date and times required
- The reception service you require
- The number of people that will be present
You will need to provide ten working days notice for any reception service requests.
There is a charge for the provision of Reception Services outside the normal opening hours of a building. Additional charges may also occur for Central Hall and staffing for events with over 100 people.