Changes to our service due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please consider using email or other digital communications to help keep our staff who continue to provide this essential service safe.
Due to the current situation, there may be a delay in our distribution across campus. All mail received and waiting to be distributed continues to be safely stored.
- Royal Mail will continue to deliver mail to the residential colleges and the Campus East mailroom for collection by students who are not self-isolating. We will email students to collect their post between 9am and 1pm.
- The Piazza mailroom is still open, 8am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- We will continue to respond to enquiries from students who have recently left campus and help with the redirection of mail.
- We will no longer deliver mail to academic and other non-residential buildings that remain open but instead will deliver to a smaller number of agreed contacts.
If you are self-isolating on campus, you should not collect your mail and ask a friend to do so instead.
University lockers and Amazon lockers remain open and available for use in the following locations only:
- The Library (the Library foyer will be open during office hours for access)
- Ron Cooke Hub
- Nisa, Campus East
Staff mail services
Find out how to send business and internal mail
See our UK postage prices and services
Make great savings on EU and international postage
Tel Mailroom depot: +44(0)1904 32 2049
The Mail Room is located at Dalham Farm, on Heslington West Campus: https://www.york.ac.uk/about/maps/campus/#mailroom
How well are we doing?
The Mail Room welcomes feedback to help improve our service.
Please use the feedback form below to get in touch:
Icons designed by Freepik