Changes to our service due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please consider using email or other digital communications to help keep our staff who continue to provide this essential service safe.
Due to the current situation, there may be a delay in our distribution across campus. All mail received and waiting to be distributed continues to be safely stored.
- Royal Mail will continue to deliver mail to the residential colleges and the Campus East Mailroom for collection by students who are not self-isolating. We will email students to collect their post.
- The Campus West Mailroom is open from 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- The Piazza Mailroom is open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on a Sunday.
- We will continue to respond to enquiries from students who have recently left campus and help with the redirection of mail.
- We are now delivering mail to academic and other non-residential buildings that are open. Alternatively, we can forward Departmental mail to a number of agreed contacts who are off-campus.
If you are self-isolating on campus, you should not collect your mail and ask a friend to do so instead.
University lockers and Amazon lockers remain open and available for use in the following locations only:
- The Library (the Library foyer will be open during office hours for access)
- Ron Cooke Hub
- Nisa, Campus East
The University Mailroom is available to both staff and students and can be used to post letters, packets and parcels with great discounts. We work with Royal Mail and Parcelforce to bring you the best prices. If you need any help with prices or weights please come and see us.
There is also a 'Pack It & Post' service operating from
This is available to all during the shop opening hours, offering discounted prices. Any surplus funds generated will be directly reinvested back into the University.
Main Mailroom Depot general queries:
Main Mailroom Depot Pack It & Post Service:
You can also use the Pack It & Post service at the Print and Design Shop in Market Square and the Piazza Mailroom Heslington East.
Piazza parcel collection:
Monday-Wednesday 9.00am - 5.00pm and 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Thursday 9.00am - 3.15pm and 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm and 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Monday-Wednesday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday 9.00am - 3.15pm
Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Staff mail services
Find out how to send business and internal mail
See our UK postage prices and services
Make great savings on EU and international postage
Tel Mailroom depot: +44(0)1904 32 2049
The Mail Room is located at Dalham Farm, on Heslington West Campus: https://www.york.ac.uk/about/maps/campus/#mailroom
How well are we doing?
The Mail Room welcomes feedback to help improve our service.
Please use the feedback form below to get in touch:
Icons designed by Freepik